Friday, May 3, 2019

T-Minus 24 Hours Til Mexico

The long wait is over and the two-week trip to Mexico is finally upon us! We're leaving tomorrow and I'm nervous but also excited for what this trip will bring. The new experiences that we'll find ourselves going through are sure to be many that I'll remember for a lifetime to come. This is my first time traveling internationally without my parents and though I'm surrounded by my peers and friends, it's still so nerve-wracking. We have an itinerary that we'll be following while we stay in Mexico but I still have no idea how it's going to really be like once we get there.

I'm currently writing this from one of my friend's house in Connecticut where we are spending the night before our 8am flight out from JFK Airport in New York City. We're all running last minute errands before we set off to drive to JFK and I don't think it's hit any of us that we're going to be leaving so soon! We've gotten our host family assignments and can't wait to meet them upon our arrival.

This is my first time ever doing a trip like this and I'm super excited for all the things I'm going to learn while I'm there. As a future healthcare professional, I'm hoping that this trip will expose me to how the medical setting is in another country and teach me ways in which I can help my future patients. I want to learn different skills such as communicating with patients from other cultures but also spending time immersing myself in their way of life.

But it's time to turn in for a quick power nap for the night so more posts and some pictures will be coming soon so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment